Teaching Assistant- Year 6
A mainstream primary school in the Peckham area of Southwark is seeking a Teaching Assistant for one of their Year 6 classes to start in January 2019.
This is a full time role (Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.00pm) and contacted until the end of term in July. There are prospects for this role to become permanent.
• The school needs a Key stage 2 Teaching Assistant who has some solid experience within a Primary School. You will understand the demands of the numeracy and literacy curriculum and you will understand how to support pupils of all abilities.
• You will be tasked with talking groups and individuals out of class and delivering interventions, to lower ability pupils as well as gifted and talented individuals. You will be fully supported fully by the class teacher to deliver these.
About the school:
• A large 2 form entry school
• Based in a vibrant community where children's social and cultural diversity is valued and celebrated.
• This is an Good school striving to become Outstanding
• A popular school in the borough that delivers excellent results year on year
• The school is modern with excellent resources
• Well served by public transport
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required as is the ability to use your own initiative
• Good communication is essential
• Experience of supporting children in KS2, particularly Year 6
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
To apply for this exciting Year 6 Teaching Assistant role click apply and send your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.