With Passion and drive you can change the lives of the pupils you work with. If this is for you we have the right role for you.
A popular Secondary school in Barnet are seeking ambitious recent graduates in Maths, English or Science to join them as a full-time Learning Support Assistants. The roles are to start in September for the next academic year. As a Learning Support Assistant you will provide in class support to students on a 1-2-1 basis and also support outside of class to small groups of students. You will be working closely with teachers and the learning support team in the delivery of work and education plans.
The roles available are Maths, English and Science based meaning that you will have the opportunity to share your subject knowledge. Training will be provided by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. Many of our schools offer direct teaching training programmes for those that express an interest and are suitable. This is the perfect opportunity for a recent graduate to start their career in education.
A range of benefits are on offer:
- Top pay rates of £70-95 per day
- Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- A high-level of support and training
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
- Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who:
- Has a 2:1 degree (in Maths, English or Science is desirable)
- Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
- Has excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working with young people
- Is adaptable and flexible
If this is you, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. We will contact you immediately should your application be successful.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.