Are you an ambitious recent graduate looking to launch your career in secondary education?
Horizon Teachers are offering the opportunity for ambitious recent graduates to join an outstanding Secondary school in West London as Graduate Teaching Assistant. The role is to provide learning support to students with mild special and additional needs inside the classroom. This is an extremely rewarding role where you will have a significant influence on students' access to education.
Experience of working with children in some capacity is advantageous, however support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. They are looking for recent graduates that enjoy working with children, who are pro-active and that aspire to teach in the near future. This is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
We work in partnership with this Outstanding Secondary school. For the past 10 years we have worked in partnership with them and teaching assistants have played a key part of the schools growth. You will be joining a great team of support staff. This is a year long role and would suit anyone looking to gain experience before embarking on a career in teaching or the education sector.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
- Competitive pay rates
- A team of specialist education consultants including many ex-teachers and over 10 years of working with Secondary schools across London
- A 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
- Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- In-school experience and a high-level of support and training that will support all teacher training applications
- Opportunity to get a place on salaried teacher training with a school
- Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
- See what people say about us (Please look at our 4.8* Google reviews)
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant that has:
- A degree (2:1 and above)
- A friendly, proactive and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Relevant experience and enjoys working with children (e.g. in school, tutoring etc.)
To apply and find out more about the role, please submit an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.