A popular Secondary school in Greenwich are currently seeking an ambitious recent graduate to join them as a full-time Teaching Assistant for this academic year starting ASAP. The role is provide in class support to students on a 1-2-1 basis and also support outside of class in small groups.
The school is a friendly mid sized single sex school in Greenwich. Pupils engagement is excellent and you will be joining a team of dedicated and passionate staff. Located within range of central London the school can be accessed via both public transport from central London and also by road from outer London.
Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. A Graduate Teaching Assistant role will provide you with a valuable insight into the life of a teacher and extensive classroom experience. If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE and teacher training applications. Many of our schools offer direct teaching training programmes for those that express an interest and are suitable.
A range of benefits are on offer:
- Top pay rates
- Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- A high-level of support and training
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
- Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
- Has a degree (ideally a 2:1 from a top university)
- Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys working with young people (ideally has experience)
If you are looking to gain classroom experience with aspirations to teach then please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.