Position: Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Horizon Teachers are looking for a conscientious and friendly person to join a highly successful AEN Department within a secondary school as soon as possible. The suitable candidate will be working under the direct instruction of the SENCo. The main responsibilities of the role are to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available.
The post is both rewarding and challenging requiring flexibility and commitment to raising standards of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of supporting pupils with additional educational needs and experience in supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs would be advantageous.
Applicants must be dedicated and inspiring individuals who will make a real difference to the students and help them achieve their potential targets for the year. Ideally, the successful candidate will hold the Level 3 certificate. The school has an outstanding learning environment and a strong reputation in the local community for academic excellence. It is an enjoyable environment to work and learn in for both students and staff.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant that:
• Has a good standard of education (a degree is desirable)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Has strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Enjoys working with young people
• Ideally has a Level 3 Teaching Assistant certificate and/or experience supporting pupils with SEN
A range of benefits are on offer when you work with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit your CV immediately. The school are looking to interview as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.