SEN Teaching Assistants Needed!
A growing number of children and young people in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs (SEN) whether academic, physical, mental health/medical or behavioural. Many improvements have been made to support children within specialist provisions such as Complex Needs Schools and Pupil Referral Units (PRUs), these developments have led to an increase in the demand for support staff.
We work with a wide range of special educational needs schools in South East London, and are therefore looking for enthusiastic and passionate Support Staff to join a range of successful and friendly schools and faculties. As a specialist consultancy we work with Pupil Referral Units, Complex Needs Schools and Provisions off of mainstream schools, the range of needs can be anything from physical disabilities to hearing impairments (HI), mild autism to sever learning difficulties (SLD).
We offer a variety of roles such as day to day cover, allowing flexibility, we are able to work around your busy schedule which is great for students in university or actors in between jobs. We also fill short term and long term/permanent positions within these schools, whether you are looking for part time or full time work we can help!
The benefits of Supporting in a SEN setting include:
• Supporting students 1:1 or small groups
• Small class sizes
• A high ratio of staff to students
• On the job support
• A creative and practical learning environment
• Working in collaboration with a range of specialists (e.g. therapists and counsellors)
• Gaining relevant qualifications e.g. Makaton, PECs, TEACCH, TeamTeach
To be successful in a SEN school or PRU you will need:
• A dynamic and creative approach
• An ability to engage students and promote independence
• A good general understanding of SEN and additional needs,
Or a good general understanding of Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD)
• A willingness to learn and develop your own knowledge and skill set
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.