We are currently seeking a resilient and passionate Teaching Assistant to join a community spirited alternative provision in Southwark. This school prides itself on developing community cohesion, and offering a creative and personalised curriculum which nurtures all pupils in a safe environment. The school caters for Key Stage 4 pupils and has a focusing on pupils completing gaining academic and vocational qualifications to prepare them for the future.
• Positive, can-do' person who remains calm and focused
• Recent DBS- we can help you with your application
• Passion for working with young people
What you can expect:
• Small class sizes
• Training and CPD opportunities
• Competitive salary
What might your role involve?
• Supporting students, either 1:1 or in small groups, to access the curriculum
• Acting as a mentor to students who may have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Collaborating with the class teacher to design effective activities and feedback on pupils progress
If you can make a positive impact on the lives of pupils, and help them develop into confident young adults, then we want to hear from you!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.