Location - Romford
Mixed Secondary School
£70 - £85 per day starting pay
Outstanding training opportunities - possible teacher training
Passionate working environment - great team
- Are you looking for a Teaching Assistant role in a secondary school?
- Do you have a science degree of a passion for the subject?
- Are you looking to gain experience in a school as a teaching assistant before progressing to complete a teaching qualification? .
- Do you have the drive, commitment and dedication to work with students of all abilities and make a real difference to their achievement?
- Are you looking for a role to progress you to become a teacher in 2019
Horizon teachers is working with an outstanding school in Romford who is in need of a Teaching assistant to work within the Support department as well as across the other subject areas. A Specialism in Languages, Science, Maths or English would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking Secondary School in Romford who are on a journey to become one of the best Secondary Schools in Havering.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working within the Support department alongside students of all abilities and progressing students to achieve the best. A background in support is not essential as the school will provide training for all staff. The school is however looking for someone who has a strength in Science, Maths, English or languages. You will work alongside experienced teachers and other teaching assistants to provide in class support as well as working with students in small groups and on a one to one basis. You will gain a valuable insight into the role of a teacher and develop skills that can be used throughout teacher training.
The Secondary School that we are working with provide all Teaching Assistants with excellent training. You will be introduced to the latest teaching innovations as well as being fully trained on working with SEN students. As a Teaching Assistant you will be a vital link between teachers and students and in past years teaching assistants have been seen to improve grades as well as develop students' behaviour.
To apply for this role the ideal candidate will;
- Be educated to degree level.
- Have at least a C grade at GCSE in English and Maths.
- Be supportive and able to communicate with pupils of all abilities.
- Hold a valid DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one with Horizon Teachers.
- Be motivated and passionate to work in a Secondary school for an academic year.
Please apply for the position immediately as the school will be interviewing as applications are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.