Horizon Teachers is working with a great community based secondary 11-16 Academy in Essex who are looking to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant to work within the Maths department. The school wish to appoint a passionate graduate of Maths
The School is looking for a hard working graduate to start their journey into teaching. You will be supporting teachers in lesson and working with pupils using your specialism and the knowledge you have gained from your degree.
The role would be ideal for someone thinking about a career as a teacher in the future. The school are looking to train and offer potential Teaching Assistants a route into teacher training in Maths.
Why this role?
• As a Teaching Assistant you will be supporting a range of pupils in Maths.
• You will experience work in a great secondary school.
• You will develop skills that you can take on to teaching
• You will be provided with excellent training
• Opportunities to train as a teacher will be available at the end of the year.
For the successful teaching assistant support will be provided throughout the year, you will work alongside excellent teachers as well as passionate pupils.
The school itself is located in Outer East London with excellent transport links to East London and Essex. The school is accessed via public transport and road so is easily commutable from central London. Graded as Good by Ofsted this school is on the Up and wishes to welcome recent graduates.
What the school are looking for.
• A Passionate graduate looking to work in a great school.
• An individual with a recent degree in Maths
• Someone who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils
• An individual with a strong academic background.
• A Teaching Assistant who can pass on their Outstanding subject knowledge
• An individual who can commit to furthering professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV as the school wish to video interview ASAP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.