A position has just become available to work as a Teaching Assistant within a Hearing Impaired Provision attached to a mainstream Primary School. The school are based in Redbridge and are seeking applicants with experience supporting deaf children in a professional or personal capacity so if you have this please apply now!
This specialist provision consists of 35 deaf pupils and provides opportunities to staff and students to learn signing. The Teaching Assistant will be responsible for helping pupils to access an adapted Primary School curriculum and using visual resources to tailor to each pupil's needs and level or learning.
This is a Full time position to work between the hours of 8.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday term time only.The school are looking to meet suitable applicants this week on Thursday or Friday with a view to starting within the week so please apply now for an immediate interview and a trial day with the school.The successful applicant can expect:
The school are looking for:
- A warm and friendly staff who provide a high level of support to new staff
- Lovely children who will benefit greatly from support
- Occasional focused group teaching within soundproofed bases
- To work on a 1:1 basis with pupils
- Liaising with therapists and outside agencies at times
- Prior experience supporting deaf children
- A BSL qualification ideally (although this is not essential)
- Applicants who are patient, resilient and engage well with children
- A genuine passion for supporting vulnerable children
- A valid DBS certificate (we can support you with your application)
This is an excellent opportunity for applicants interested in gaining further BSL qualifications and working with deaf or Hearing Impaired children.
Please apply now and call 0207 444 0009 and speak with the SEN team to find out more information.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.