Do you have experience working with mental health?
Do you know safeguarding procedures?
Here at Horizon Teachers, we are currently working with a centre based in Newham who cater for adolescents with mental health. The centre provides person and family-centred care for young people aged 12 to 18 with complex and severe mental illnesses. Conditions include ADHD, anxiety, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, eating disorders, schizophrenia and self-harm.
• Supporting as a general TA within class or on a 1:1 basis
• Helping across core subjects
• Some administration duties
• Helping to put together activities with the class teacher
• Education to degree level (desirable but not essential)
• Team player
• Someone who will help to inspire and motivate the learners
• A keen interest in mental health and an understanding of safeguarding procedures
• Have a DBS (we can support with your application)
In return, you can expect
• Training and CPD opportunities
• Smaller than average class size
• Very supportive Senior Leadership Team
It is extremely important that you are able to commit to staying till the end of the summer term with the view to staying in September. The students must have continuity as change and disruption can be unsettling for them.
Please send us your CV or call 0207 444 0009 and ask to speak to the SEN team today!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.