Learning Support Assistant
School - Excellent Outer London Secondary School
Location - Hillingdon - Easy Access from Ealing
Start - January 2020
Outstanding Training on offer to all LSAs
• Are you looking for a role as a Learning Support Assistant?
• Do you have experience as an LSA or a Teaching Assistant?
• Do you have experience or want to gain experience working with students who have additional needs?
• Have you recently worked in a secondary school or with SEN pupils?
If you can answer yes to any of the above questions then we want to hear from you.
Horizon Teachers is currently working alongside a Good Secondary school, The School is looking to appoint two additional Learning Support Assistants from January 2020. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a great school and work with in a supportive, passionate and hard working team. The role is temporary with the opportunity for a permanent contract in the future.
As a Learning Support Assistant/ Teaching Assistant the school will offer you;
• Excellent in role training, you will be trained to support SEN pupils and experience a wide range of techniques.
• A strong team to work in, you will work with experience TAs and a passionate Special Needs Coordinator.
• A possible permanent contract in 2020, past TAs have been taken on to become permanent members of staff.
• A good rate of pay (Outer London), weekly pay and we are able to pay either through Horizon Teachers or your chose Payroll company.
• A one year long role with the opportunity of a permanent role in the future.
The role of Learning Support Assistant consists of supporting pupils for the ages of 11 - 16 within Lessons and also out of Lessons. You will be working in all subject areas providing support to individual students as well as small groups of pupils. You will be a key link between pupils and the teaching staff and have a real impact on pupils progress. The ideal Learning support Assistant will have passion, commitment and a drive to work with pupils of all ability.
The School is a mid sized mixed Secondary school with good public transport links as well as a large car park that staff are able to use. They were graded as good in their last two Ofsted reports and pupil progress and support was seen as an area of real strength. The current team of Teaching Assistants work well together and the successful applicant will be well supported and join a friendly hard working team.
This role would suit an experienced Learning Support Assistant looking for a new challenge or a recent graduate looking to gain experience as a Teaching Assistant. For all support staff training is offered so no matter what level of experience please apply with an up to date CV. The ability to support students who have SEN needs is essential and having done this in the past would be a great advantage.
The school wish to interview ASAP. Please send an updated CV, successful applicants will be called to arrange a personal meeting.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.