There is a mixed maintained regional day and residential school in the London Borough of Wandsworth seeking a Teacher of the Deaf. It is situated near to both Wandsworth and Clapham Commons with good transport links. Parking is available on-site.
The School is an exciting and innovative special school which is committed to providing the best opportunities for pupils aged 10 to 19 from 32 local authorities. The provision is for students:
- Who are D/deaf
- Who have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
(The term D/deaf is used throughout education and research to describe students who are Deaf (British Sign Language users) and deaf (who are hard of hearing and tend to communicate more orally).
The school follows a student-centred multi-modal approach to communication. They are an inclusive school where every student and member of staff is valued highly. Pupils are enthusiastic and friendly and enjoy a varied academic and vocational curriculum
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible and committed teacher to join our team.The successful applicant will:
- Offer a subject specialism in English or Maths. (The ability to offer a second subject is desirable)
- Be a dynamic and creative teacher with an innovative understanding of teaching and learning in relation to D/deaf students and those with SCLN needs.
- Be ambitious and problem-solving in raising achievement of all students.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in British Sign Language and / or be committed to further training if required
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.