Teacher Of Religious Studies
Ofsted Good School
September 2018 Start
£26,662 - £37,645
Are you and experienced and passionate teacher of religious studies who's currently looking for a new and exciting role to start September 2018?
Do you want to enhance children's education?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with a good rated secondary school in New Barnet who are looking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic teacher of Religious Studies a subject that sits within their outward-looking, pluralist Jewish education faculty, they are seeking a teacher who can teach the ethics element of Religious Studies A-level, a popular and very successful option choice in the 6th form.
There are usually two groups in each cohort and they study one paper in Judaism and one in Philosophy and Ethics, All KS4 students take GCSE religious studies again on of their highest scoring subjects studying Islam and Judaism, and there is a Worlds Faiths element also in all years of KS3, The successful candidate who need not be Jewish would have a timetable designed as far as possible to match their experience.
Noted in their latest Ofsted report Achievement is good and pupils make good progress overall, in 2015 outcomes in the GCSE examinations place the school in the top 10% of all schools nationally, Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school's work and hold it in high esteem, The quality of teaching is good, most teachers plan well-structured lessons that engage and motivate pupils to learn well, The governing body provides strong strategic direction it is actively involved and takes decisive action to develop the school further.
To be considered for this role you must have the following;
- Evidence of teaching R.E from KS3-KS5 standards
- Hold a valid QTS or be overseas trained
- Strong passion for Religious Education
- A proven record of class progression
- Experience of teaching engaging lessons on a daily basis
- Your daily duties will consist of the following;
- Planning and delivering Religious Education lessons to the highest standard
- Establishing and maintaining discipline in class
- Being a positive role model for students at all times
- Monitoring student progression on a daily basis
- Positive environment in which students can learn
- Liaising with heads of department when required
- Attending school assemblies and parents day
The salary for this fantastic opportunity is £26,662 - £37,645 dependant on experience.
This job is due to start in September 2018 or sooner should you be available, if you feel you are the best person for this role then please apply with an updated copy of your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.