Salary: MPS UPS (Based on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: September 2019
School Information: Foundation School, age range 11-19 with over 1500 students
Ofsted Outstanding, 2017 inspection
This popular school situated in Southwark is hoping to recruit a well-qualified Physics Teacher to become a member of this excellent school. This exciting role is to start in September 2019, this is a permanent role and the school would like applications from experience and newly qualified teachers.
The successful candidate will be joining the Science department in an Ofsted Outstanding'' school. The school are looking for a Physics teacher to be committed to the development of high quality teaching practices and high standards of achievement. Teaching A-level is essential for this position along with KS3 & KS4.
The school is outstanding in every area and was inspected in 2017. The curriculum is broad and balanced, supporting pupils' outstanding outcomes because of the chance pupils have to be successful in a range of subjects. Ofsted 2017.
The behaviour of pupils is outstanding and consistently reflects the school's high expectations.' Ofsted 2017
The Science department is a highly successful department in the school and continues to go from strength to strength. The department has access well-equipped labs and the department also has access to a learning resource centre which has a range of materials and dedicated staff who work alongside the Science department. Dedicated technicians are also available to prepare and assist with all lessons as directed.
The Science department aim to inspire and enable all our students to become successful learners and this is a wonderful opportunity to join a hard-working and motivated Science department. This role would suit an experienced teacher or a newly qualified Teacher of Physics.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or oversea trained.
- PGCE in Physics or degree level equivalent with a science PGCE.
- An excellent track record of raising attainment and examination success at Key Stages 3 - 5
- A track record of outstanding teaching across all Key Stages.
- An excellent knowledge of establishing best practice with respect to the teaching of Science and Physics to GCSE and A level
- The ability and enthusiasm to motivate students and staff in delivering outstanding Science lessons across the school.
- The ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities
- Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
The school is very keen to hear from teachers who are ambitious and can work well in a team to successfully bring the best out of their students to achieve outstanding results.
For further information simply apply to this position with your CV and references.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.