An Alternative Provision Academy based in Tower Hamlets are looking to appoint a qualified Teacher of Mathematics to join the team from September 2019. This is a long term position with scope to become permanent subject to impact and commitment.
The school is a widely recognised outstanding educational environment in which vulnerable young people make outstanding progress. The school's 40-50 students who have Social, emotional and mental health difficulties. They also provide additional and/or different provision for a range of needs, including:
- Communication and interaction, for example, autistic spectrum disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, speech and language difficulties
- Cognition and learning, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia,
- Moderate and multiple learning difficulties
- To work with a maximum class size of 8 students with challenging behaviour
- All students within this class will be aged between 14 and 16 years old
- You will be working with one other adult (TA or HLTA) in the classroom
- There will be some additional hours for staff meetings and training during the week. These will run until 4.45pm
- This post is open to candidates on an MPS and UPS salary scale
- There will be a SEN 1 and Outer London allowance
Mathematics is key to success in life and at this school the young people are successful Mathematicians and go on to be successful in society. Pupils currently use practical Maths, where they use practical activities to learn Mathematic concepts. For example, some students will use remote control cars to learn directions. The school plan a Maths Festival which will be a day of practical Mathematics activities such a tiling a wall. The aim being to apply learnt mathematical concepts in everyday applications. Why choose Horizon?
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- In-depth free induction session in our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff. Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
- Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
- A warm and supporting working environment
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- SEND points added to your salary
- Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
- You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
- Improve your classroom and behaviour management
- Teach dynamic and creative lessons
For further information, please do not hesitate on calling and speaking to some of our specialists SEND consultants about how Special Needs could be the new opportunity you've been searching for.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.