Ofsted Good School
£140 - £210 Per Day
Are you a highly passionate and experienced teacher of English who is looking for a new and exciting challenge within a well know London school?
Horizon teachers is currently working with a good secondary school based in Islington who is looking for a passionate English teacher to join their ambitious and successful staffing team.
The school has a clear vision to be an outstanding Academy, with a total commitment to improving the lives of the young people of Islington by serving the local community as a vibrant centre of learning, known for their academic excellence and their unrelenting determination for everyone to succeed.
GCSE student progress is outstanding with 93% of students achieving a A*-C in English which they plan to improve on year on year.
Noted in their latest ofsted report Teaching is consistently good and some is outstanding, the academy's capacity for sustained improvement is very good everyone shares a strong belief in its ability to improve further, students feel safe their parents and carers agree and are increasingly supportive of the academy's work, the proportion of students obtaining five or more GCSE grades A* to C including English and mathematics has nearly doubled in the last year, the principal provides outstanding leadership she has acted rapidly to improve achievement and teaching and has fully involved the senior team, subject leaders and governors'.
To be successful in your application you must have the following;
- Experience of teaching English to KS4 standard
- A proven record of classroom progression
- Hold a valid QTS or be overseas trained
- A positive can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage with and inspire young people
- Eligible to work in the UK
Your daily duties for this role will consist of the following;
- Planning and delivering English lessons to the highest standard
- Establishing and maintaining discipline in the class
- Being a positive role model at all times
- Monitoring student progression on a daily basis
- Assigning work, marking and correcting work carried out
- Attending school assemblies as and when required
- Liaising with senior staff when needed
- Providing a positive environment in which students can learn
The pay for this exciting role is set at £140-210 Per day depending on experience with the right person able to start ASAP!
This opportunity is initially until the end of the school year but the right person will be offered a permanent contract from the 2018/2019 academic year.
If you feel you are the right person for this exciting job then please contact Daryl at Horizon Teachers.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.