Teacher Of Computer Science
April 2018 Start
Ofsted Good School
£140 - £210 Per Day
Are you a experienced yet passionate computer science teacher who is looking for a new and exciting role for 2018?
Horizon Teachers is currently working alongside a good mixed school based in the borough of Barnet who is looking for an energetic experienced Computer Science teacher to join their welcoming, friendly staffing team.
They pride themselves on being a happy school as well as being a stimulating place to learn, they have long been well respected within the local community and their students are proud of their school, learning experiences outside the classroom are always encouraged and backed by their commitment to forge new links with businesses and other schools, They always strive for excellence and celebrate achievement, with a strongly supportive pastoral systems in place they are able to bring out the best of every student, visitors consistently comment on the friendly and happy atmosphere at the school with prospective teachers often remarking that they feel at home' within minutes of their arrival and are keen to secure a post in the school'.
Noted in their latest Ofsted report Pupils mix well, are courteous and are polite towards each other and staff they enthusiastically participate in extra-curricular activities and are proud of their school, Consequently the majority of pupils now make good progress from their starting points across nearly all subjects, Senior leaders the governing body and staff share the headteachers determination, since the previous inspection they have worked tirelessly to tackle the issues that were identified, Improvements particularly in teaching and learning have been rapid and sustained'.
To be considered for this role you must have the following;
- Evidence of teaching computer science lessons from KS3 KS5 Standards
- Hold a valid QTS or be overseas trained
- NQT's may be considered
- Strong passion for computer science as a subject
- A proven record of classroom progression
- Experience of teaching engaging lessons on a daily basis
- Your daily duties will consist of the following;
- Planning and delivering Computer Science lessons to the highest standard
- Establishing and maintaining discipline in class
- Being a positive role model for students at all times
- Monitoring student progression on a daily basis
- Providing a positive environment in which students can learn
- Liaising with head of department when required
- Attending school assemblies and parents days/evenings
This opportunity is due to start in April and will initially be for the rest of the academic year with the right person being offered a permanent role at the end.
The school has also said they will wait till September to get the right person for their school
If you feel you are the right person for this position then please apply with an updated copy of your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.