A special School based in East London for pupils aged 11 to 19 who have severe learning difficulties wish to appoint a full-time permanent teacher with tutorial responsibility for a small group of pupils in the middle phase of the school.
About the school…
There is a clear focus on learning through a highly developed curriculum in a pupil centered learning environment. The school provides outstanding education for its students. This is based on extremely effective care, guidance and support provided by all staff that ensures students make exemplary progress in developing both their personal and subject skills. There is a clear focus on continuous improvement and pupils are encouraged to develop their individual skills and abilities so that they can be as independent as possible.
Pupils are taught as individuals and learn in a positive, supportive learning environment. The curriculum enables pupils to make sense of the world and to operate more effectively within it so that, as individuals, they become more contributing and valued members of society.
• Primary or Secondary trained
• Must have QTS and relevant teaching qualifications
• Demonstrate excellent teaching skills
• Teach with high levels of creativity
• SEN experience desirable
The Headteacher is looking for a teacher who can…
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment
• Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
A TLR allowance is available to teachers who can lead the teaching of a subject in the school to secure outstanding outcomes for individual learners and groups of learners.
To be shortlisted for this role, you must have…
• Relevant Teacher Training and QTS
• Primary and/or Secondary trained
• Good to outstanding practice
• DBS (we can support with your application)
This is an Outstanding' School with a dedicated staff team who devote their time to inspire and develop each individual's education and social skills. It is a great SEN school to either begin your SEN teaching career in or if you are looking for a change from your current SEN setting. We can offer you free relevant training including safeguarding (please see our website for more details).
To apply: Submit your CV or call and ask to speak to the SEN team for an immediate interview and opportunity to meet with the school.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.