Exams and Data Officer
Large Secondary School
September 2019 start
£31,434 per annum
Are you looking for an Exams Officer role?
Do you want to work in a great East London Secondary School?
Do you have the commitment to make a real difference to your workplace?
If yes then Horizon Teachers has the role for you.
We are working with a pioneering secondary school in Newham, East London that has a growing reputation for innovation and excellence. The school are building a great team of people who are innovative, practical and determined to deliver excellence for all their pupils.
The school is looking to appoint an Exam Officer & Data Support officer to oversee the exams process with faultless precision. From ensuring entries are in place to managing invigilators.The role will also include working with exam boards to overseeing access arrangements, you will be charged with making a crucial part of the school work smoothly.
The Key duties of the role are:
- To make all necessary arrangements relating to all Level of exams and any other external and internal assessments.
- To direct the invigilation team as appropriate.
- To liaise with examination boards
- To be familiar with the rules and regulations issued by examination boards and to ensure awareness and compliance by Lead Teachers, invigilators and candidates.
- To advise on the organisation, administration and conduct of internal and external examinations.
- To set calendar deadlines and schedules for all stages in the process of entering and examining students for external examinations, and to inform pupils and staff of details.
- To build and maintain the whole school examination timetable, as well as timely issuing of individual timetables to student candidates for all external exams.
- To prepare and submit examination entry forms and to liaise with Lead teachers in completing and despatching accurate lists of candidates to examination boards at the dates set by the boards.
- To liaise with the inclusion team and pastoral staff regarding Access Arrangements for particular candidates and to complete special consideration forms for unwell/injured/absent candidates where appropriate.
- To order, receive and secure papers and administrative documents from examination boards, checking to ensure they are of appropriate type and quantity.
- To book, train, direct and manage the examination invigilation team members
- To collect, sort, check, pack and arrange postage of examination scripts and associated administrative documents.
- To collect coursework, controlled assessments, mark sheets and samples of coursework for transmission to examination boards, together with any
- forecast grades required.
- To arrange for receipt of results at the relevant times, and to make the necessary arrangements for their distribution to pupils.
- To complete any administrative tasks required relating to re-sits, queries and appeals, following consultation with relevant senior staff
- To develop knowledge and expertise in the management of the school's data systems and to provide information and data as required.
This job would suit an experienced Exams Officer looking for a new and exciting opportunity. Please apply ASAP as the school are looking to appoint before the summer break.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.