Student Support Worker
All Girls School
Ofsted Good Secondary School
£70 - £90 per day
Are you a recent Graduate looking for an exciting challenge?
Do you want to work in a thriving Secondary School in Wandsworth?
Have you got a degree from a top University?
Horizon Teachers are currently working with a great school in South London who are looking to appoint a Student Support Worker. This role would be a great position for a recent graduate looking for a step into working in Secondary Schools. The role is to support students across the school and enhance the achievement and progress of students.
The school located in the heart of Wandsworth is rated as Good by OFSTED in their last Inspection in May 2016 and they are very proud to be one of only two secondary schools in London (and one of only 16 secondary schools in the United Kingdom) to have been awarded the highest level of the UNICEF Rights Respecting School Award: Level 2. The school also has Artsmark Gold, Sportsmark and Healthy Schools status.
The school are looking for a recent graduate who is able to demonstrate a commitment to working with young people from all backgrounds and with all abilities. The role is a support role and you would be supporting in different lessons with all staff. You would be mainly working with KS4 students. This is a year long position and could lead into teacher training in 2019.
Duties would include;
- To support classes in Mathematics and / or Science and / or Languages, working with specific students in order to improve their progress.
- To work with small groups and / or individual students on specific tasks, as directed by the class teacher.
- To support students with SEND and/or Social Inclusion needs.
- To facilitate the differentiation of tasks for students.
- To support specific students with catch-up and intervention sessions, under the supervision of senior staff and middle management.
- To support specific students with guided revision and homework, under the supervision of senior staff and middle management.
- To support senior staff at lunch time to provide a calm and orderly environment, in the refectory and around the school grounds.
- To participate in school trips, accompanying students and staff off-site for educational visits, sometimes involving early start times or late returns.
- To ensure the school's health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- To support all school policies including equal opportunities, bullying, behaviour for learning etc.
If you would like to apply please send an updated CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.