Complex Needs Learning Support Assistant:
- Start - January 2020
- Location - Southwark
- Salary - £70-£90 per day
- Duration - Long Term.
A Mixed 11-19 school for pupils for complex mixed needs enrol 144 pupils who have a variety of needs including Down's syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of the pupils have speech and language difficulties. A growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. Makaton signing in many of the classes is used to facilitative communication.
Why choose Horizon?
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- In-depth free induction session in our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
- Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
- A warm and supporting working environment
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- SEND points added to your salary
- Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
- You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
- Improve your classroom and behaviour management
- Teach dynamic and creative lessons
The students are enthusiastic, well behaved and eager to learn. There are tailor-made training opportunities and career developments at this school to enable rapid progression. The staff are professional, friendly and supportive, there is the chance to work in a well - resourced school and has a strong senior leadership team who are very involved with the foundation of the schools success.
The Schools is seeking individuals with a desire and passion to support vulnerable children who have experience working within a Special Education Needs setting. The perfect candidate would be required to support the class teacher and an existing TA with an emphasis on retaining students focus, development and achievement.
For more information please do not hesitate to call Tom on the SEND team at Horizon Teachers - SEN/SUP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.