Complex Needs Learning Support Assistant Required.
Required for: September 2019
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
A Mixed 11-19 school for pupils for complex mixed needs enrol 144 pupils who have a variety of needs including Down's syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of the pupils have speech and language difficulties. A growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. Makaton signing in many of the classes is used to facilitative communication.
You Will Need To Be
- A confident support assistant with a passion for Special Needs
- Have a strong interest and enthusiasm in developing further within this setting.
- Have relevant experience which pupils who are working below the year 1 curriculum
- Be a person who loves working with children and can offer skills that will help the pupils make excellent progress
Why Horizon Teachers?
- We have specialised in successfully placing English Teachers into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
- We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews !).
- We offer competitive PAYE and Payroll Company pay rates that increased after 12 weeks - pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company
- We will work with your existing Payroll Company.
- We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague
The students are enthusiastic, well behaved and eager to learn. There are tailor-made training opportunities and career developments at this school to enable rapid progression. The staff are professional, friendly and supportive, there is the chance to work in a well - resourced school and has a strong senior leadership team who are very involved with the foundation of the schools success.
The Schools is seeking individuals with a desire and passion to support vulnerable children who have experience working within a Special Education Needs setting. The perfect candidate would be required to support the class teacher and an existing TA with an emphasis on retaining students focus, development and achievement.
For more information please do not hesitate to call Tom on the SEND team at Horizon Teachers
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.