An alternative provision academy in Bexley, South East London are seeking to appoint a Learning support Assistant to join their team permanently from September 2019.
Learning Support Assistant
- Start - October 2019
- Location - Bexley
- Salary - Negotiable
- Duration - Permanent
You would be working with some of the most vulnerable and complex young people in the community. It is important that you are enthusiastic and have a true passion for special needs as the children respond positively to familiarity and find it difficult to bond with people if there are regular changes in their class.
Why choose Horizon?
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- In-depth free induction session in our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
- Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
- A warm and supporting working environment
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- SEN points added to your salary
- Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
- You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
- Improve your classroom and behaviour management
- Teach dynamic and creative lessons
This alternative provision school caters for secondary aged students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health. The pupils have a range of learning needs but the school aim to instil the desire to learn and make progress and the belief that they can aim high and achieve their goals.
The school provide strong pastoral care and have excellent links the other schools within the federation. There is further opportunity for teacher training and the school provide additional training when required for those seeking to improve their knowledge and skills.
For further information, please do not hesitate on calling and speaking to some of our specialist SEND consultants about how Special Needs could be the new opportunity you've been searching for - SEN/SUP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.