Horizon Teachers are looking for an experienced Teacher to work in a Special Needs and Disabilities School based in Greenwich, South East London. This is a fixed term for 1 year with an option to extend.
Salary Currently Salary 1 SEN Point
Location Greenwich, South East London
Contract Fixed term for 1 year with an option to extend
Role SEND for children aged 2-16 with a wide range of Special Needs.
A forward-thinking and innovative school that is committed to providing an outstanding education for children with a wide range of learning needs and seeking an SEND teacher to join their team from April 2020.
This school has been awarded NAS accreditation and is a MOVE centre of excellence. The school designed and implemented its ground-breaking personalised assessment system.
If you are a dynamic, passionate and enthusiastic practitioner who is willing to learn and want to achieve the highest standards of teaching at learning then please get in touch. The school are looking for someone who sees the possibilities for their exceptional learners and develop provision that enabled all to thrive. Applications from newly qualified teachers are welcome.
Why Choose Horizon?
• Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• In-depth free induction session in our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
We are looking to hear from you or anyone you know, if you are an experienced practitioner, looking to transition from a mainstream setting to a SEND setting, seeking a change of career, would like to gain SEND experience or thinking of a career in teaching, nonetheless, this is a great way of building on your skills and experience in a variety of settings in addition to mainstream schools.
To apply; send your CV or call and ask to speak with Tom on the SEND team on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.