A Special Education School based in North West London who specialise in meeting the educational needs of children and young people with a range of learning difficulties including those who may have autism and physical or sensory needs are seeking a qualified Teacher.
The school focus on the individual learning needs of every pupil so that their teaching encourages them forward in their development and to personalise learning and promote independence for all pupils.
As a teacher and member of staff at this outstanding school, you can expect:
• Small groups from 6 to 10 pupils depending on age, learning ability and need
• High level of Teaching Assistants
• Very supportive Senior Leadership Team
• On the job training (if necessary)
The School offer a broad, relevant and stimulating curriculum to stretch and challenge pupils to actively encourage them to be independent and to make a real contribution to their community.
The Head of School aims to ensure all:
• Curriculum planning has breadth and balance and a variety of learning takes place
• Staff have high expectations of pupils' abilities
• Parents & carers are integral partners in education
• Pupils who require a personalised education plan are kept updated
• Lesson plans are developed to suit pupils' learning ability, age, and the session's content
• Teaching styles vary to meet pupils' preferred way of learning (incl. play, structured sessions, practical tasks)
• Therapy programmes are integrated into our classrooms
• Monitoring of achievement encourages pupils to achieve their personal best
To be shortlisted for this role, you must have…
• Relevant Teacher Training and QTS
• Primary and/or secondary experience
• Evidence of good to outstanding practice
• DBS (we can support with your application)
The post would suit NQTs or those wishing to gain further experience of SEND. The school are interviewing and trialling applicants now, so if you are looking for your next rewarding teaching post and have yet to secure a role from September, we want to hear from you!
To apply: send your CV to email@example.com or call 0207 444 0009 and ask to speak to the SEND Team at Horizon Teachers to find out more.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found