Post Title: Class Teacher for students with complex needs, including Autism
Location: Bexley, South East London
Status: Full Time
Pay Grade: MPS or UPS 1SEN and Outer London Weighting
Post Start Date: January 2020
A successful community special school for students aged 11-19 with complex learning needs including autism and students with PMLD. This school are seeking to appoint an inspirational, motivated and passionate practitioner to join their team from September on a permanent basis. It is required that you have experience of working with children and young people with complex needs including autism, if SEND isn't a specialism of yours then do not worry, the school are welcome to receive applications from applicants who are willing to develop their skills. Key Tasks
To Take a Subject Lead Responsibility
- Plan and teach fun and exciting lessons with regard to the school's vision, aims, policies, schemes of work and personalised learning plan for each student.
- Provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
- Assess and record each pupil's progress systematically with reference to the schools current practice, including the social progress of each child and use the results to inform planning
- Make effective use of assessment information on pupils' attainment and progress and in planning future lessons.
- Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals, establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment so that teaching objectives are met.
- Monitor and intervene when teaching to ensure sound learning and discipline and maintain a safe environment in which pupils feel confident and secure.
- Use a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all pupils engaged.
- Evaluate own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
- Provide reports on individual progress to the Head Teacher and parents as required
- Participate as required in meetings with professional colleagues and parents in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post
- Be aware of the need to take responsibility for your own professional development
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, including parents, governors, local authority and other bodies outside the school
Why Horizon Teachers?
- To co-ordinate and develop a long-term plan for a subject
- To ensure that resources are used effectively
- To review, monitor and evaluate current practice and provide feedback to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- To support, motivate and advise staff and work with them to develop their classroom practice
- To disseminate information to the staff and promote staff development
- Lead action-planning in the subject for the school improvement plan
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and national initiative
- Be responsible for the budget allocated to the subject area
- We have specialised in successfully placing English Teachers into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
- We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews !).
- We offer competitive PAYE and Payroll Company pay rates that increased after 12 weeks - pay is uplifted through a Payroll Company
- We will work with your existing Payroll Company.
- We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.