Horizon Teachers are supporting a large SEND School in Redbridge who have recently been rated Good by Ofsted in their quest for a number of Special Needs Support Assistants.
This primary school are well known for providing the very best support and guidance to their staff and student and are often a popular option for children with special needs looking to embark on a creative start to their school lives. This school provides you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge as you guide the most complex classes through their academics. You will work with children with Sever Autism, Learning Difficulties and in some cases physical disabilities so addition support and personal care is required as and when appropriate.
This school are looking to expand across multiple sites to ensure they can continue enrolling pupils and providing exciting, innovative and personalised curriculums for all. At the moment there are two sites that are used for full time learning and each Site is equipped with specialist support and facilities, appropriate to the age of the pupils and classes are small and teaching staff work closely alongside support staff.
The school are seeking someone with:
• Experience of working in a school for children with severe learning difficulties.
• Experience in a mixed class of children with severe learning difficulties,
• Experience with students/adults with physical difficulty and autism.
• The ability to take the initiative and engage with children to support them in their work and play.
• The confidence to make observations of their learning and to be involved in personal care.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• (For TAs) We offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include;
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
My experience with Horizon teachers has been excellent. Tom in the SEND team, particularly has been nothing but exceptional in finding the perfect position for me. Tom is definitely an asset to the company and I am thankful for all of his hard work, support and commitment
- Harjoat, SEND Teaching Assistant
Give us a call today on 0207 444 0009 or register your CV to find out more
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.