Start Date: ASAP or February 2020
ASAP Ongoing through until July 2020
£145 - £200 per day
11-16 Ofsted Outstanding mixed academy
Newham - East London
Are you a Teacher of Sociology who....
• Has the highest aspirations for all of the students you teach?
• Believes all students can be outstanding and progress above expectations?
• Champions the importance of education in shaping the future of young people?
• Wants to embark on an exciting professional journey in an Outstanding Secondary School?
If so, Horizon Teachers is working with an Outstanding Secondary School in Newham who want to appoint a dedicated Sociology Teacher to take on a position teaching Sociology to KS3 and 4 pupils. The school has a vision of Believe and Achieve' this underpins all aspects of the academy life in their impressive, well-resourced buildings and grounds. As a Teacher of Sociology you will join a caring and committed body of staff and enjoy working with friendly and enthusiastic students of whom the school are extremely proud.
As a Teacher of Sociology you will play a vital role in providing the highest quality provision, impacting positively on outcomes for the students, ensuring aspirations become reality. The Academy has been judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted and results at the school are above the national average. Pupils at the school achieve the best results in East London and the school is extremely proud of all pupils.
As a Teacher of Sociology at the academy you will join a great Social Science department. You will be responsible for teaching Sociology at KS3 and KS4. The school has decided to teach Sociology at KS3 as the demand at KS4 was such that the school wanted to introduce it at KS3. You will be teaching the popular GCSE course. The ability to teach a second subject such as Psychology would be looked upon favourably but is not essential. This Teacher of Sociology position provides a great opportunity for an experienced teacher to join an expanding and vibrant department. This is a temporary position but for an outstanding Teacher there may be the opportunity for a permanent contract in September. The academy also provides excellent opportunities for those candidates wishing to progress their career.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Be able to teach Sociology to KS3 and 4.
• Be able enthuse and motivate pupils in all aspects of Sociology.
• Have a proven track record of excellence and outstanding teaching
• Possess outstanding subject knowledge and passion for Sociology
• Commit to furthering your own professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV and details of professional references who can be contacted.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found