An Ofsted rated exceptional school and a TES Aware winning Secondary School are seeking to appoint a SENCO to join the team from January 2020.Position
SENCO (Maternity Cover) Start date
Fixed Term (Maternity Cover) - (December 2020 with an option to extend to end of Spring term 2021) Salary
MPS/UPS TLR 2A-C (Subject to experience)
- Qualified to at least degree level
- Qualified to work in the UK
- QTS or equivalent
- National SENCO Award PGCip
- Evidence of substantial and relevant CPD related to SEN.
This Ofsted Exceptional school is situated in west London and has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. Not only is this school in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of progression, has also been awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
This school is an 11-18 academy with state of the art facilities, a passionate and supportive SLT and committed professionals, willing to do whatever it takes for their students to achieve.The Role
The role of a SENCO is to supporting the development and growth of its outstanding SEND provision. You will be expected to lead, develop and support effective practice for students with learning difficulties to ensure they are addressed in the most effective way and, where appropriate, students with SEND make rapid progress in line with the expectations of the school.Key Responsibilities
- Leading the provision for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) within the academy
- Liaise with Learning Support staff, Heads of Department, class teachers, Heads of House and parents about students with SEND and, where necessary, referring students to the appropriate external agencies for further support.
- Advice and guide learning to support assistants and learning mentors of the needs of students with SEND and of suitable methods and strategies to remediate these needs. This may include the modeling of good practice or support with planning and review.
- Monitor student progress through the use of Learning Support Plans, standardised assessments and other school-wide or departmental assessment data to ensure that appropriate intervention strategies that raise overall standards are implemented
- Be responsible for relevant SEN administration with the Local Authority and other outside agencies as directed by the Inclusion lead including the administration of EHC plans through the annual review process
- Effectively line-manage the Inclusion team including Deputy SENCO, HTLA team, and Teaching Assistants
If you believe you would be suitable for this role, please give Tom J a call on 0207 444 0009 for a chat.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.