An exciting opportunity has just become available to work as a SENCO in a Mainstream Primary School in Wandsworth. The school are looking for applicants who have a minimum of 1 year's experience working as a SENCO, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and an excellent knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
A mixed mainstream Primary School which caters for children between 4 and 11 years old. They are part of an academy of schools and received "Outstanding" in their previous OFSTED inspection (2014/15) where inspectors reported its 'excellent balance of challenge and nurture makes a real difference to childrens' lives.' The school has excellent sporting and academic facilities with a large multipurpose hall, three outdoor play areas and a large interactive screen in each classroom. They are a two-form entry school with a Resource Base for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) which admits 3 children from each year group. The base has specialist staff and equipment, including a sensory pod and a speech and language therapist.
- Long term position to work until July 2019 (and possibly beyond)
- Start date 7th January 2019
- Full time hours - Monday to Friday 8.15am-4.30pm
- Term time only
- Salary dependent on pay scale and level of experience
- The school will be looking to appoint a permanent SENCO and will offer the position to the right applicant
- Focus on supporting SEN pupils across the school in improving their achievements
- Managing a team of Learning Support Assistants - ensuring they are providing the best level of support to pupils
- Writing and maintaining up to date EHCPs for SEN pupils
- Liaising with outside agencies, therapists
- Planning for and leading interventions for small groups of SEN pupils
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEN legislation
- Ensuring staff receive the latest training
The school is a short walk from the nearest train station and suitable for people commuting from inside or outside of London.
The Headteacher is looking for an energetic, proactive SENCO who is keen to establish themselves in an Outstanding school and make the difference in the lives of vulnerable children.
Please apply now with your CV, the school are shortlisting suitable applicants now and interviewing in the next 2 weeks.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.