An exciting opportunity has just become available to work as a SENCO in a Mainstream Primary School in Harrow. If you have QTS, a minimum of 3 years teaching experience and an excellent knowledge and experience of supporting SEN pupils (either in a mainstream or alternative education school) we are keen to hear from you!
A mainstream Primary School which caters for children between 3 and 11 years old. The school contains a Provision for pupils who are Deaf or Hearing Impaired with specialist, trained staff to support their needs. They are a very inclusive school in a multi-cultural community with pupils and staff coming from a range of cultures and backgrounds. Within the mainstream school, pupils have a range of needs from sensory requirements to Speech and Language needs, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Learning Difficulties and more. They achieved a rating of "Good" in their previous OFSTED inspection (2015).
- Long term position at least until the end of the academic year - potential to go permanent after this
- Start date - 14th January
- Full time hours - Monday to Friday 8.15am-4.30pm
- Term time only
- Salary based on Outer London payscale inclusive of SEN points
- Focus on supporting SEN pupils across the school in improving their achievements
- Managing a team of Learning Support Assistants - ensuring they are providing the best level of support to pupils
- Writing and maintaining up to date EHCPs for SEN pupils
- Liaising with outside agencies, therapists
- Planning for and leading interventions for small groups of SEN pupils
- Keeping up to date with the latest SEN legislation
- Ensuring staff receive the latest training
The school is a short walk from the nearest train station and suitable for people commuting from inside or outside of London.
The school are keen on meeting suitable Teachers for interviews immediately so please apply now and call the SEN team to ensure you don't miss out!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.