A school in the Brent borough are seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in either Year 1 or Reception Class supporting autism.
About the role:
- You will be working 1:1 with a child with additional needs - ASD
- Experience of working with children with SEN is essential
- The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working with the child alone on a one to one basis.
- This is a full time position to start immediately and will last until the end of the academic year
About the school:
- A good school in Brent serving the diverse community. The school is modern with excellent resources
- Well served by public transport and car parking also available.
- Excellent, established leadership team and very experienced SENCO
- A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
- You will need to be able to use your own initiative as you will be working alone with support from the SENCO and SLT.
- Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
- Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
If you are interested in this role and can start as soon as possible, please contact me ASAP by sending your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.