A mainstream primary school in the Enfield borough are seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a student in Year 4 SEN- Mainly supporting behavioural needs.
* SEN Teaching Assistant
* Primary School, Enfield, North London
* Starting October 2018
About the role:
About the school:
- You will be working 1:1 with a boy in Year 4, He can be very challenging as he has delayed learning and is working at a significantly lower level to his peers. He challenges authority and can be verbally and physically abusive.
- Experience of working with children with SEN is essential
- The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working with the child alone on a one to one basis.
- This is a full time position to start immediately and will last until the end of the academic year
- An expanding 3 / 4 form entry Primary school set within extensive grounds and serving an increasingly diverse cultural community.
- Children are happy and enjoy school, parents support the school and their children, and staff are friendly and hardworking.
- The Governing Body and Head teacher seek to appoint dynamic and enthusiastic support staff who have a desire to work partnership with the staff team to create a stimulating and supportive environment for our pupils.
- Well served by public transport and car parking also available.
- A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
- You will need to be able to use your own initiative as you will be working alone with support from the SENCO and SLT.
- Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
- Have a good understanding of how children learn.
- Any experience as a TA in a primary school would be a huge advantage.
If you are interested in this role and can start as soon as possible, please contact me ASAP by sending your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.