SEN Teaching Assistant- Behaviour Needs
- Wandsworth, South-West London
- Mainstream Primary school
- Full Time- 5 days a week Mon-Fri
- Term Time job
We are working with a school who require a SEN Teaching Assistants to work 1:1 with children across the school.
with SEN- Mainly behavioural needs.
About the role:
• You will be working 1:1 with children across the school. There are various needs you will be supporting so experience with Autism, ADHD, Challenging behaviour or similar will be very helpful to fulfil the needs of this role however not essential.
• The majority of your time will be spent in the classroom however they may be times you will be working with children alone on a one to one basis.
• This is a full time position to start in September 2019 until July 2020.
About the school:
• A 2 form entry, established primary school with a strong leadership team
• Vibrant multi- cultural school with a goal to deliver a broad and rich curriculum to its children and provide them with opportunities to explore, enquire and reflect.
• You will be joining a friendly, established team who love to give children confidence to learn and be the best they can.
• Well-resourced and committed to providing the best learning environment to children, this is a modern school
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach is required.
• Strong behaviour management skills
• Ability to follow instruction and use initiative as you may be working alone at times.
• Good communication is essential, as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and possibly external agencies.
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and any experience in a similar role would be a huge advantage.
If you are interested in this role and are available for interviews, please send your CV or call 0207 444 0009 to speak to Umar
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.