Do you want to be a part of a small and friendly Independent School for pupils with a diagnosis of Autism, Additional learning Difficulties and Complex Needs?
Do you have the patience, resilience and empathy to work with pupils one to one and in small groups?
Are you a team player and love working with children with a range of learning abilities?
Then you should apply for this very rewarding opportunity!
A special school based in North London with a warm and an inviting atmosphere are seeking Learning Support Assistants to join them from September 2019. The Head teacher and Senior Leadership team are seeking forward thinking and pro-active team players to work part or full time and/or on an on call' basis to support pupils with their learning.
The school recognise and value pupils for their unique strengths and contribution to the school community. They follow a rigorous assessment route and provide each child with an Autism friendly environment, an appropriate curriculum and Autism interventions to meet their needs and equip them for adult life. The pupils benefit from an on-site Multi-Disciplinary Team including a Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and a Music Therapist and small class sizes.
As a Learning Support Mentor joining the school you can expect:
• Smaller class sizes (no more than 10 to a class)
• On the job support
• To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
• Training and development opportunities
• Work alongside therapists/councillors
The Head of school is looking for a Learning Support Assistant who will:
• Have experience/interest of working with children/young people in some capacity
• SEN experience including ASD and Complex Needs
• PECS and MAKATON (desirable)
• Be willing to learn and develop their knowledge and skills
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be positive and enjoy a challenge
• Has a DBS (we can support with your application)
This is an excellent opportunity! Please apply as soon as possible with your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.