From simple improvements to huge leaps, the impact a special education teacher can have on a student can truly be life-changing.
Having an additional specialisation makes a person more marketable for employment. It is helpful to have a specialised background. An employer sees someone that can perform multiple job duties as a better choice and investment.
Horizon Teachers are recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to work in a school in Bexley starting in September.
The school is a brand new purpose-built special school for children with social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs, with a therapeutic approach. It has places for between 77 and 112 children and young people, catering for Year 1 to Year 11. Ofsted graded the school good overall and noted the school has high expectations for its pupils' education and wants them to excel beyond their lessons. They believe that their pupils need to learn, grow and thrive to be successful regardless of their starting point.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• For Teaching Assistants, we e offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
Key Skills Required
• Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
• Have proven experience of teaching in a Secondary setting
• Be experienced working within an SEN setting, ideally with SEMH although not essential
• Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.