Horizon Teachers is currently working with this good school to appoint a Science Technician, the school require a technician to work in the science department alongside the Senior Science Technician.
This is a full time position and would be on a temporary basis with the opportunity for a permanent role in the future.
The role would suit a Science Technician looking for a new role or a recent Science graduate with lab based experience looking for a challenging role in a secondary school.
• The school is rated as Good' by Ofsted
• Noted for its exceptional students and the progress that was being made in lessons.
• Staff at the school are friendly
• Departments work well together to provide students with an excellent level of education.
• Staff training is also excellent with a programme of CPD on offer and also opportunities for staff to progress and be promoted.
• As a Science Technician you will be required to assist and support the science department.
• You will be responsible for the maintaining of the Science department behind the scenes.
• You will be setting up for lessons and preparing resources for Science experiments.
• You will demonstrate and assist in science lessons as needed.
A knowledge of Chemistry, Biology and Physics is essential as well as knowing the workings of a laboratory. There will also be a need to support in lessons so the ability to interact and communicate well with students is essential.
The main responsibilities of the role will be;
• The preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons.
• Maintaining science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment, and services in good order.
• General duties in support of the teachers in the Science Department.
• Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H.
• To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with.
• Assisting with daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean.
• Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock ,standard solutions and specimens.
• Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience.
To apply for this position you must;
• Have an understanding in Science and be a specialist in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
• Be able to work well in a team.
• Have the ability to interact with students and support all.
• Have a DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one (we can help with this)
• Be available for interview or trial
Please apply for this position immediately with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
Science Graduate Teaching Assistant
Horizon Teachers is working with a great community based secondary 11-16 Academy in Essex who are looking to appoint Science Graduate Teaching Assistants to work in their Science department. The school wish to appoint regent graduates with a passion for education who are able to enthuse and motivate pupils of all abilities.
The School is looking for Passionate and Hard working Science graduates to start their journey into teaching. You will be supporting teachers in Science lessons and working with pupils using your specialism and the knowledge you have gained from your degree.
The role would be ideal for someone thinking about a career as a teacher in the future.
Why this role?
• As a Science Teaching Assistant you will be supporting a range of pupils.
• You will experience work in a great secondary school.
• You will develop skills that you can take on to teaching
• You will be provided with excellent training
• Opportunities to train as a teacher will be available at the end of the year.
For the successful teaching assistants support will be provided throughout the year, you will work alongside excellent teachers as well as passionate pupils.
The school itself is located in Outer East London with excellent transport links to East London and Essex. The school is accessed via public transport and road so is easily commutable from central London. Graded as Good by Ofsted this school is on the Up and wishes to welcome recent graduates.
What the school are looking for.
• A Passionate Science graduate looking to work in a great school.
• An individual with a recent degree in Physics, Chemistry or Biology and strong A Levels.
• Someone who is able to enthuse and motivate pupils
• An individual with a strong academic background.
• A teaching Assistant who can pass on their Outstanding subject knowledge
• An individual who can commit to furthering professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV as the school wish to video interview ASAP
Teaching Assistant - Science
A move into Teaching Assistant work can lead to a multitude of roles.
With schools still open and Horizon Teacher employing Graduates now into these roles the time to apply is here.
Horizon teachers is working with an outstanding school in Romford who is in need of a Teaching assistant to work within the Support department in September 2020 with a focus on Science. This position has been filled by Horizon Teachers for the past year and the current employee has been taken on to teacher training so there is now a vacancy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking Secondary School in Romford who are on a journey to become one of the best Secondary Schools in Havering.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working within the Support department alongside students of all abilities and progressing students to achieve the best. A background in support is not essential as the school will provide training for all staff. The school is however looking for someone who has a strength in Science. You will work alongside experienced teachers and other teaching assistants to provide in class support as well as working with students in small groups and on a one to one basis. You will gain a valuable insight into the role of a teacher and develop skills that can be used throughout teacher training.
The Secondary School that we are working with provide all Teaching Assistants with excellent training. You will be introduced to the latest teaching innovations as well as being fully trained on working with SEN students. As a Teaching Assistant you will be a vital link between teachers and students and in past years teaching assistants have been seen to improve grades as well as develop students’ behaviour.
To apply for this role the ideal candidate will;
Be educated to degree level.
Have at least a C grade at GCSE in English and Maths.
Be supportive and able to communicate with pupils of all abilities.
Hold a valid DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one with Horizon Teachers.
Be motivated and passionate to work in a Secondary school for an academic year.
Please apply for the position immediately as the school will be interviewing as applications are received.
Design Technology Technician
Horizon Teachers are currently looking for a Design Technology technician to work within a great Secondary school located in East London.
The role of a Design Technology Technician in this school mean you would be supporting the department, setting up lessons and demonstrating in lessons. You will also be managing stock and ensuring the department is running smoothly.
Why This role?
For an enthusiastic and motivated Technician this would provide a great new opportunity.
You will be working in a friendly and hard working department.
For a recent graduate it would offer the chance to develop skills and work in a great school.
It would enable you to work in a DT department and learn skills that can be used across schools.
The ideal individual for this role will;
Have a degree or experience in Design technology or a related subject.
Be able to work individually or part of a team.
Have an understanding of Design Technology machinery and be able to demonstrate/Use it.
Be an excellent communicator able to interact with students
Be able to maintain a working workshop including stock control.
The school that we are working with is a large mixed secondary school with excellent transport links to central London. The School has a large DT department and you will working in a team of technicians. The ability to support Resistant materials, Graphics, Product Design and also Art would be desirable.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• A great starting daily rate with the potential to increase
• Support throughout your time at the school.
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
Please apply with an up to date CV.
Food Technology Technician
A Food Technology Technician is required to join this Outstsnding Secondary school in Southwark, working in a large and well resourced department you will play a key role in student progress and pupil enjoyment.
We are currently excited to be working with a friendly community based "Outstanding" school in South London who are in need of some additional support in their Food Technology Department. The role is a Food Technology Technician and will be a term time only position supporting lessons in the Food Technology department.
The Technology Faculty is supported by a two full-time Technicians one based in Food and the other in Design & Technology. Technicians organise teaching materials, provide assistance in lessons and organises resources including placing orders. The accommodation and resources are outstanding and include interactive whiteboards in all classrooms. There are seven large purpose built rooms with attached storage and preparation facilities. ICT facilities are impressive. The rooms are situated together on the same floor.
This position will be ideal for you if you are;
• Positive and forward looking
• A team player who takes a pride in their work.
• Organised and methodically minded in your work
• Enthusiastic and hard working
• Experienced in the catering world or have in school experience.
This is an excellent opportunity and in return the school will offer an excellent induction programme. The school has gained wide acclaim about the way the train and welcome new staff. Horizon Teachers have worked with the school for many years and feedback is excellent with all staff loving their time at the school.
If you are a recent graduate or an experienced worker this post would suit you. The school will provide training and no experience of working in a school is needed. If you do have experience this will be looked upon favourably but it is not essential.
Why Horizon Teachers?
We work exclusivly with this Outstanding School
We are able to support you all the way through the application process with advice and guidance.
We offer a great rate of pay through Horizon Teachers or your chosen Payroll company.
We will be on hand to support you at all times.
If you feel this post is ideal for you please apply and send an up to date CV to Tom at Horizon Teachers.