Ofsted Good Secondary School
£70-£90 per day
Excellent working environment
Are you a Science Graduate who's looking for some experience in a wonderful secondary school in Hillingdon?
Are you a Science technician looking for a change of scenery into an active science department?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with an incredible secondary school in the Hillingdon area who are looking to appoint someone with a science background to assist senior science technicians in preparing lessons and taking care of the technicians' office. You'll be expected to assist in setting up lessons, practical or otherwise. If you're a recent graduate in a science discipline, have experience working in a lab setting or are an experienced science technician then this is the role for you!
At Horizon Teachers We take a Consultancy approach to recruitment that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East.
The school is a vibrant and diverse community, the staff and students bringing a cultural and linguistic diversity to their classrooms. They are proud to serve their local community and aim to make the most inclusive and caring environment possible. The school is rated as Good' by Ofsted and was noted for its exceptional students and the progress that was being made in lessons. Staff at the school are friendly and departments work well together to provide students with an excellent level of education. Staff training is also excellent with a programme of CPD on offer and also opportunities for staff to progress and be promoted.
The main responsibilities of the role will be;
• The preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons.
• Maintaining science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment, and services in good order.
• General duties in support of the teachers in the Science Department.
• Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H.
• To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with.
• Assisting with daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean.
• Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock, standard solutions and specimens.
• Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience.
To apply for this position you must;
• Have an understanding in Science and be a specialist in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
• Be able to work well in a team.
• Have the ability to interact with students and support all.
• Have a DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one (we can help with this)
• Be available for interview or trial
If you are interested in this opportunity then please e-mail your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.