Location- Tower Hamlets
Start - 29th October 2018
School - Ofsted "Outstanding" Academy
Salary - £60 - £90 per day
Are you looking to work as a Science Technician in an Outstanding Secondary School?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with this Outstanding Secondary School who wish to appoint a Science Technician, the school require a Technician to work in the Science department and support the senior Science Technician in preparing lessons. This is a full time position, the role will be for a term in the first instance with the possibility of a longer term role. The role would suit someone looking to start working in schools or someone who has previous experience as a Science technician who is looking for a new challenge.
The school is rated as Outstanding' by Ofsted and was noted for its exceptional students and the progress that was being made in lessons. Staff at the school are friendly and departments work well together to provide students with an excellent level of education. Staff training is also excellent with a programme of CPD on offer and also opportunities for staff to progress and be promoted.
As a Science Technician you will be required to assist and support the Science department. You will be directed by the senior Science technician in setting up for lessons and preparing resources for the Science experiments. A knowledge of Chemistry and the workings of a laboratory would be an advantage for technicians wanting to apply. There will also be a need to support in lessons so the ability to interact and communicate well with students is essential.
- The main responsibilities of the role will be;
- The preparation of materials and equipment for Science lessons.
- Maintaining Science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment, and services in good order.
- General duties in support of the teachers in the Science Department.
- Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H.
- To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with.
- Assisting with daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean.
- Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock ,standard solutions and specimens.
- Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience.
To apply for this position you must;
- Have an understanding in Science and be a specialist in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Be able to work well in a team.
- Have the ability to interact with students and support all.
- Have a DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one (we can help with this)
- Be available for interview or trial
Please apply for this position immediately with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.