Part time - 20 Hours per week
September 2019 start
Flexible working hours over the week.
Good mixed Secondary School
Are you looking for work as a Science Technician?
Do you want to work in the heart of East London?
Do you want to work Part time?
Do you want to work in a Secondary School with a passion for Learning?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with a Great Secondary School in East London who are looking to appoint a Part Time Science Technician for September 2019.
The Secondary School is located in a community that holds a special place in East London and the school and staff feel they are privileged to be expanding a school at its heart. The school is driven by the dreams, aspirations and ambitions of the students and the wider community. The school would love to appoint a Science Technician who is able to support the Science department as they expand into the new school year.
The school would like to appoint a Science Technician who has experience of working in a School setting. The role is for 20 hours per week and could suit someone who is looking for a Part time role or for flexible working hours. The school is open to receiving applications from anyone and could be flexible with working days.
The school will offer the successful Science Technician
- An Outstanding working environment in Modern, well equipped classrooms.
- A good rate of pay for the role.
- Training throughout the year, CPD and an Induction programme for new staff.
- Extended induction process to the school in July or early September.
- Opportunities for progression within the school,
The main responsibilities of the role will be;
• The preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons.
• Maintaining science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment, and services in good order.
• General duties in support of the teachers in the Science Department.
• Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H.
• To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with.
• Assisting with daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean.
• Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock ,standard solutions and specimens.
• Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience.
The school we are working with opened in September 2016 and will eventually grow to become a 10 form entry school with 1800 pupils, including sixth form, in purpose-built new accommodation. The school currently have Years 7, 8 and 9 and are situated in the first phase of their permanent accommodation.
The school has a passion for learning and high standards are upheld by the dedicated Head Teacher. Aspiration is at the heart of everything the school do and they believe that every child has the right and potential to achieve their ambitions.
Please apply ASAP,
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.