Are you interested in working as a Science Technician in an outstanding School located in the Ealing area?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with this outstanding school to appoint a science Technician, the school require a technician to work in the science department and support the senior science technician in preparing lessons, the team will include you and two other junior technicians.
This is a full time position with the potential to go permanent after term 1.
The role would suit someone looking to start working in schools or someone who has previous experience as a science technician who is looking for a new challenge.
The school is rated as outstanding' by Ofsted and is noted for its high results which were higher than ever this year.
Staff at the school are friendly and departments work well together to provide students with an excellent level of education. Staff training is also excellent with a programme of CPD on offer and also opportunities for staff to progress and be promoted.
As a Science Technician you will be required to assist and support the science department. You will be directed by the senior science technician in setting up for lessons and preparing resources for Science experiments. A knowledge of Chemistry and the workings of a laboratory would be an advantage for technicians wanting to apply. There will also be a need to support in lessons so the ability to interact and communicate well with students is essential.
Start - ASAP
School - Ofsted outstanding academy with sixth form status
Salary - £75 - £90 per day
The main responsibilities of the role will be;
• The preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons.
• Maintaining science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment, and services in good order.
• General duties in support of the teachers in the Science Department.
• Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H.
• To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with.
• Assisting with daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean.
• Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock ,standard solutions and specimens.
• Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience.
To apply for this position you must;
• Have an understanding in Science and be a specialist in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
• Be able to work well in a team.
• Have the ability to interact with students and support all.
• Have a DBS certificate or be willing to apply for one (we can help with this)
• Be available for interview or trial
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We have specialised in successfully placing teaching and support staff into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
• We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• We offer up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
• A comprehensive induction programme with support and mentoring
• A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
Please apply for this position immediately with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.