Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough is this great secondary school who are looking for a Science Teacher to start in January 2021.
Horizon Teachers is pleased to be working with this large Academy that has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and dedicated Science Teacher to work within the Science department.
The Science Department with to appoint a Newly Qualified or experienced Science Teacher who is able to join their large Science department and teach general Science to KS3 and 4 as well as single Science in either Biology, Physics or Chemistry at KS4 and 5. For all teachers there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD, The School value staff and CPD runs throughout the year.
The school are seeking to appoint a well-qualified outstanding Teacher of Science, a proven track record of excellence and recent teaching experience is essential. The ideal teacher of Science will be committed to maintaining the high standards set within the Academy. The successful candidate will have recent relevant teaching experience, and have the knowledge and understanding of teaching Chemistry, Biology or Physics as a single subject up to KS5.
The successful candidate will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Science or be working towards it this term.
• The ability to teach Science from KS3 to KS5
• A degree in Biology, Physics or Chemistry with an A Level in that subject too.
• The ability to teach general Science up to KS4.
• The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
• The ability to enthuse students in all aspects of Science.
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Excellent organisational and ICT skills
• The ability to thrive in and work collaboratively as part of a team
What the school can offer;
• The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community.
• Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
• Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy.
• An excellent benefits package
This position is open to teachers of all levels of experience but the school would love to appoint a teacher who they can support and grow. The Academy are looking for a teacher who is able to motivate students of all ability.
If you think this position is for you please send an updated CV, the school wish to interview ASAP so please do not hesitate.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.