A Passionate Teacher of Science is required by this Inner London Secondary School. Working alongside Horizon Teachers this school is looking to appoint a Teacher of Science who is able to teach Biology up to KS5.
This School is in South London and has been inspected as Good' in its last Ofsted inspections. The school wants you to join their small school community and become a fully-fledged member of staff. Working full time within the well-resourced Science Department, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Science curriculum at KS4 and KS5.
As a Science Teacher at the school you will be part of one of the most successful departments at the school. Results are amongst the best in the school and the Head of department has built a very strong department. You will be teaching General Science up to KS4 including GCSE as well at Biology at KS5. Science is taught in mixed ability groups at KS3, in KS4 Science is taught in single subjects. The school are looking for a teacher who can specialise in Biology. At the school pupils are willing to learn and focused to achieve. The school has a community feel and has turned around in the last few years. You will also get to undertake pastoral roles as a form tutor.
The school are looking for a teacher to start ASAP, the role would be through Horizon Teachers initially with the possibility of a long-term permanent role in the future.
What this school will offer you?
• An excellent Science Teaching position
• A supporting Science department to work in.
• An outstanding department to work in.
• The opportunity to progress in the department.
Why This School?
• A strong Supportive Science department.
• Dedicated departmental technicians who set up and prepare lessons for you.
• The ability to teach Single Science at GCSE and A level.
• A Head Teacher that thrives to progress every pupils.
• Excellent transport links to central London and the surrounding areas.
• Progression opportunities.
If you are interested in this position the School would like applications ASAP, the school will be looking for Teachers who have;
• Qualified teacher status (QTS),
• Strong behaviour management skills
• PGCE in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or general Science.
• Experience teaching science to GCSE Level through training
• Experience in a secondary school within your placement schools.
• Excellent subject knowledge and passion for Science
• Enhanced DBS Disclosure or Overseas Police Clearances
Interviews will conducted ASAP over Video.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.