Horizon teachers is working with an outstanding school located in East London who is looking to appoint a teacher of Science. The role is to teach general Science to KS3, 4 and 5. You will be working in a friendly and successful Science Department. This is a permanent role starting in September 2020.
The School We wish to appoint a Full time teacher of Science to teach across KS3, KS4 and A'Level. This role would be suitable for an NQT or an experience teacher of Science.
About the role;
• Science classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards.
• You will be teaching Biology, Chemistry and Physics to KS4 and specialising at KS5.
• You will teach and students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and A-Level.
• Science is a flourishing department; the quality of teaching is excellent as is curriculum quality. Outcomes within this department are superb and rank among the highest in the school.
Why This school?
The school is a large mixed comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge. Ofsted have ranked the school as outstanding' on 5 consecutive occasions and we have a reputation for excellence in all aspects of our service to the children in our school and the wider community. The school's inspection reports show that the highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life. All teachers significantly and positively impact student progress and attainment.
Results in 2019:
• Progress 8 is 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students is 5.87
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
What the school are looking for;
• An enthusiastic Science specialist with the ability to teach across all of the Key Stages.
• Passionate about Science and has excellent subject knowledge.
• Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning.
• Keen to challenge and enthuse our diverse student population.
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
What is on offer to the successful Science Teacher;
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
• Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time well above the national minimum requirement of 10% of your timetable.
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
The school are looking to interview ASAP over Video. Please apply now.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.