Position: Science Teacher
Start Date: January 2020
Area: Croydon, London
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and 5
Type: 11-19 rated Good by Ofsted
Salary: £140- £250 per day/MPS/UPS ( TLR if applicable)
Contract Type: Long-term to permanent
Are you an inspirational classroom practitioner looking to joining a thriving school in Croydon that offers excellent professional development?
Horizon Teachers are looking for a full-time Science Teacher to join a popular school in Croydon from January 2020. We are looking for an experienced teacher or an NQT that has experience in teaching the Science curriculum across Key Stages 3/4. Applications from teachers that teach an A Level Science are desirable but not essential. This position is open to teachers looking for part-time.
This school we are working in partnership with is an average sized, voluntary aided 11-19 that is located in a very nice outer London town. It has strong student leadership and high staff retention rates. Staff in the school work as a cohesive team and seek to ensure that students develop both inside and outside the classroom with a strong focus on well-being. The intention is that pupils leave the school with the emotional and social intelligence to succeed in the real world, as well as strong academic qualifications.
We are looking for the following Science Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• Teaching an A Level Science is desirable
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialists
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To find out more about this role, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.