A fantastic opportunity for a Newly Qualified Science Teacher has opened up at an Ofsted "Good" Secondary School in outer East London. The teaching position is to start in September 2020 and join the school as a permanent member of staff. The school would love applications from Newly Qualified Teachers looking for their first role. You will be teaching Science to KS3 and 4 pupils and be a key member of the team delivering GCSE science at the school.
The Head teacher and Head of Science would like to employ a dedicated Science Teacher who is able to enthuse, motivate and progress students of all ability. A specialism in Biology, Chemistry or Science would be welcomed as you would be teaching across all subject specialism at KS3 and 4. Within Science students are taught in mixed ability groups at KS3 and for GCSE students are put into streamed groups. Science is taught in newly refurbished classrooms and facilities are excellent. The school wish to appoint a motivated teacher looking for a new challenge. This role would suit an NQT, the school are supportinve and in recent years have had a large number of NQTs who have stayed at the school and now have positions of responsibility at the school.
What the school will offer you as a Newly Qualified Science Teacher;
- A strong team of Science Teachers to work alongside in the department.
- Modern well furnished classrooms with equipment allowing a range of practical lessons and experiments.
- A dedicated technician for the department.
- Support from SLT throughout the year.
- A school where rapid progress is being made every day.
- Continued CPD and excellent induction programmes for you as an NQT.
- The opportunity for Housing near the school, on offer to NQTs.
Why This School?
- Recently graded as "Good" by Ofsted.
- This school has seen rapid progress in the past 3 years and is now judged as Good by Ofsted.
- Results are rising and pupils behaviour is good.
- Staff are friendly and work as a team.
- The department is strong and led by a passionate HOD.
- For NQTs there is on site accommodation if you are relocating,
This is a permanent position and for the right teacher will offer a great position in a great school. Located with transport links to central London and also outer London it is ideally located and will offer London teaching with outer London living.