An Excellent School in East London seeks a passionate Technician who is able to work across the Science and Art department. This is an unusual and exciting opportunity to join a great School in the heart of East London. This is a Permanent role and would suit an experienced Technician looking for a new role or a recent graduate looking to take on a role in a school setting.
Why this role?
• Science and Art technician with exciting prospects.
• An Excellent working environment.
• In role training provide by the school and other staff.
• Ofsted Good School - Outstanding in areas
• Parking available on site for all staff
• SKYPE interviews taking place
• Permanent role - September 2020
Horizon Teachers are working through these difficult times with a truly great supportive Secondary School in the heart of East London. The school are looking to appoint the technician for a September start.
The school we are proud to be working with is situated in Barking with excellent Transport links to central London, the school is mid-size and this has created a real community feel amongst staff. Every member of staff is highly valued and investment in CPD and training is high priority. You will be joining a staff where best practice is shared and the visible Headteacher can be seen assisting across the school. Pupil behaviour is excellent and the Modern building contains outstanding equipment and a state of the art learning environments.
What this role will consist of;
• The role will be to support Key Stage 4 Art and Science GCSE groups.
• To arrange for apparatus including worksheets, books and audio-visual aids to be available, in rooms, for art and science lessons.
• To prepare experiments, setting up apparatus and equipment for demonstrations and practical lessons as requested by teaching staff in both science and art.
• To carry out risk assessments for all science practical's.
• To dispose of waste materials.
• To prepare necessary solutions.
• To construct apparatus and equipment.
• To clean the sinks and bench tops in the case of spillages.
• To carry out safety checks on equipment, including liaising over PAT testing.
• Taking stock of chemicals, consumables, stationery, books and breakable items.
• To be first aid trained (training will be provided by the school on appointment)
• To check deliveries.
The school will offer all staff an outstanding training programme throughout the year, First aid training will be given. All staff work well together and supported by the Senior Leadership team. Progression is encourage and for all staff the opportunity for a step up is there.
To apply for this position the school would like experience in a Science environment.
If you would like to apply for this role please do ASAP as the school would love to interview via Video and appoint as soon as applications are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.