Horizon Teachers is looking for a Resistant Materials Teacher in Harrow, London. The teacher will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching with the aim of helping students develop a broad foundation of skills through practical and theoretical work across Key Stage 3 to 5. The Design and Technology teacher must be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way in both practical and theory lessons.Why this role?
- Permanent role for September 2002
- The school are committed to your continued professional development and want them to progress and flourish in their career
- This is a fantastic opportunity for you to enhance children's learning and development
- You will be working with enthusiastic and supportive staff and encouraging students wherever you go, seeing them grow throughout their academic journey which is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have
Why would you want to work with us at Horizon Teachers?
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the areas of teaching and student support for which post-holder is responsible
- Plan work to meet the learning needs of allocated students in a consistent and effective way
- Use appropriate teaching and classroom management strategies to motivate students and enable each to progress
- Monitor the progress of students for whom the postholder is responsible to set expectations and give constructive feedback
- Maintain appropriate records to demonstrate progress made by students 6. Participate fully in professional development activities to develop practice further, sharing the learning from these as appropriate
- Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school 8. To create, plan and deliver inspiring schemes of work across KS3 and KS4
- To be aware of current curriculum developments including the introduction of the new D&T specification.
- We are one of the highest rated agencies with 4.8* Google review rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped previously.
- A team of specialist education consultants with many years of experience and including many ex-teachers.
- Earn up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals.
- We offer the complete management of the whole process from start to finish - no lengthy application forms!
For further details about the position please contact Hamera at Horizon Teachers on 0207 444 0009
or submit your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.