A Pupil Referral Unit in Bexley South East London are seeking to appoint a Religious Studies & Art Teacher to join their team from September 2019. The Religious Studies & Art teacher will be delivering lessons to class sizes of 8 students between the ages of 14-16 years old.
This position is a permanent, full time teacher role, starting in September 2019. This role would suit a secondary trained teacher, who can teach and plan Religious Education & Art to GCSE Level. For those looking for a role with challenging students, this would be the ideal role for you.
The Role -
- The subject split included 14 lessons of Religious Studies and 6 lessons of Art, Both at GCSE Level.
- To work with a maximum class size of 8 students with challenging behaviour
- All students within this class will be aged between 14 and 16 years old
- You will be working with one other adult (TA or HLTA) in the classroom
- There will be some additional hours for staff meetings and training during the week. These will run until 4.45pm
- This post is open to candidates on an MPS and UPS salary scale
- There will be a SEN 1 and Outer London allowance
The School -
- Pupil Referral Unit for children from Key Stage 1 - Key Stage 4 with challenging behaviour
- Part of an academy for children in the south east area of London
- Recent refurbishment boast a large football / basketball court on site
- Ample break out rooms for 1:1 teaching
- Outside space for KS1 and KS2 students (shared) and separate outside playground for KS3 and another for KS4
- Easily accessible in Zone 4 by public transport, and a school car park plus street parking around the local area
- Small community feel within the school, with a tight knit team of staff
Why choose Horizon?
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- In-depth free induction session in our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
- Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
- A warm and supporting working environment
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- SEND points added to your salary
- Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
- You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
- Improve your classroom and behaviour management
- Teach dynamic and creative lessons
For further information, please do not hesitate on calling and speaking to some of our specialists SEND consultants about how Special Needs could be the new opportunity you've been searching for.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.