Looking to interview over video and with the support of Horizon Teachers, this "Outstanding" Secondary School in Redbridge would like to appoint an RE Teacher to take on a permanent role from September 2020
The School are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher of Religious Education to join a supportive and highly successful department. This is a permanent role to teach RE full time and would be to start in September 2020. The role would be suitable for an experience RE teacher or a Newly Qualified teacher (NQT) looking for their first teaching position.
The ideal Teacher of RE will have a record of excellence or be an ambitious NQT looking for their first teaching position in a truly outstanding school. A passion for RE and dedication to improve students of all ability is also essential. The department are supportive and looking for a teacher of RE who will engage and motivate all students. Why This School?
- The school is one of our friendliest schools, is outstanding, and has a superb track record of developing NQTs.
- The school has been graded as "Outstanding" by Ofsted in its last 5 inspections.
- Progress 8 score is 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all
- students is 5.87
- The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
- Percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
- Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
- 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
Students and teachers work in a calm, engaging but focused environment. Schemes of work have been adapted to the needs of pupils and the current department have done extensive planning to ensure all lessons are differentiated and pupils of all abilities progress above the national expectations. The school ranks highly in league tables.What will the school offer you?
- A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
- Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
- Generous Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time.
- A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure
achievement for all students.
- Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
- A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
If you are ambitious and are looking to take on extra responsibility then progression is encouraged. This is an excellent opportunity.
Please apply for this position ASAP as the school will interview as soon as applications are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.